training workers to build and maintain a full and engaged prayer and financial support team with SIM and the SRS network
Some mission experts estimate that up to 90% of young people who consider missions cease to pursue it because of various fears and obstacles, including the fear of fundraising. This session will help participants:
1. identify various obstacles and fears relating to fundraising,
2. consider ways that God can help us overcome these barriers,
3. become aware of best resources and training materials used to help missionaries build and maintain a full and engaged prayer and financial support team,
4. and know what questions to ask about support raising with possible mission agencies when evaluating where and how God will have you serve.
As a result of the workshop, each participant should be able to:
1. identify obstacles and fears that they anticipate in support raising for medical missions
2. reflect on how God helps us overcome these fears and obstacles
3. have an introductory awareness of best resources and training materials
4. list key questions to ask mission agency representatives about support raising requirements, training, and help.