Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Southeast Christian Church’s website, www.medicalmissions.com! We offer this site as a convenience to you and hope it benefits your spiritual life. This site gives people around the world the ability to publish their own stories, see the world through the eyes of many other people, and connect and share wherever they go. We have established a few ground rules to help make this site fun and helpful and safe for all our visitors. Please carefully read all of these terms and conditions prior to using this site.
Description of Services
Applicability & Acceptance of Terms
Registration, Account Security, and Use of Information
If you choose to register on this site by creating an account, you agree to the following:
- You will provide your real and accurate name, email address and other contact information.
- You will not provide any false personal information or register as someone other than yourself.
- You will not create more than one account for yourself.
- You will not share your password with anyone else or let anyone else access your account.
- You will not use this site if you have pled guilty or been convicted of any crime against property or against another person, including if you are a sex offender.
Information provided through this site is designed to assist individuals and groups in connecting, resourcing, matching, and recommending by providing a forum type of environment. Southeast Christian Church does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of information or ideas that appear on this site and does not promote or encourage the use of such information or ideas for any reason.
You agree not to hold Southeast Christian Church liable or responsible for any actions you take or decisions you make as a result of any information or ideas obtained on this site.
The logo below is a registered trademark of Southeast Christian Church, in the United States of America and in other countries. The trademarks and other Southeast Christian Church graphics, logos, and service names are also trademarks of Southeast Christian Church, including Global Missions Health Conference and medicalmissions.com. Southeast’s trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not under Southeast Christian Church’s ownership or control. Furthermore, such trademarks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or in any manner that disparages or discredits Southeast Christian Church. All other trademarks not owned by Southeast Christian Church or its affiliates that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Southeast Christian Church or its affiliates.
Your “Content” includes any text, ideas, stories, or quotes, as well as images or other media posted to this site by you or someone using your account or login. Your Content may be used at the discretion of Southeast Christian Church for display to other users, display on websites and/or applications, as well as in marketing materials or promotion of the site to other users and advertisers. You agree not to upload any Content to this site of any of the following type or description:
- Proprietary information of any individual, company or business that you do not have the right to distribute.
- Copyrighted information of any individual, company or business where you do not hold the copyright.
- Images or other media that are not of a royalty-free or public domain nature.
- Unauthorized commercial communications, such as spam or advertising for the selling or promotion for selling a product, company or business.
- Unlawful multi-level marketing or solicitation for the purpose of signing up or registering for any promotion, business or other opportunity.
- Information that is misleading, false, untrue or inaccurate.
- Promotion of one specific business entity over another business entity of the same or similar type where you stand to gain or profit from such promotion.
- Verbiage that uses foul or offensive language or references.
- Verbiage or images that attempt to bully, intimidate or harass another user.
- Verbiage or images that are hateful, threatening, immoral or pornographic in nature.
- Verbiage of self-harm, promotion or encouragement of self-mutilation, eating disorders or drug abuse.
- Information that incites violence or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence of any kind, or references to participation in or initiation of illegal activity.
- Contests, giveaways, sweepstakes or any type of promotion.
- Verbiage or media that is unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory.
- Verbiage that infringes upon or violates someone else's rights, or includes personal information or identifying information of another person without the express permission of that person.
- Links to websites or other applications that violate any of the conditions listed above.
- Information about events, gatherings or locations where illegal or immoral activity takes place.
Southeast Christian Church at its sole discretion reserves the right to delete or alter any material that is in violation of the guidelines above or that cannot be explicitly confirmed or validated using reasonable efforts and reserves the right to block or remove your access to this site due to a violation of the guidelines above. You agree that Southeast Christian Church is not liable or responsible for any Content you provide.
You own all of the content and information you post on this site, and you can control certain privacy settings on your own through the site:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with this site (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of this site, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about this site, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep this site safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep this site safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on this site.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access this site, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on this site.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements).
- You will not use this site to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of this site, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other this site functionality.
Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on this site that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- If you infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on this site.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. This site offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
Information We Receive About You
We receive different types of information about you.
Your information is the information that's required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share. When you sign up for this site, you are required to provide information such as your name and email address. Your information also includes the information you choose to share on this site, such as when you share a story, upload a photo, or comment on a friend's story. It also includes the information you choose to share when you take an action, such as when you add a friend, favorite an organization, like a page or a website, add a place to your story, or indicate personal interest. Your name, profile pictures, cover photos, gender, networks, username and User ID are treated just like information you choose to make public.
Information others share about you
We receive information about you from the community, such as when a resource is posted, tag you in a resource or event, or at a location, or add you to a group. When people use this site, they may store and share information about you and others, such as when they upload and manage their invites and contacts.
Other information we receive about you
We receive data about you whenever you interact with this site, such as when you look at another person's profile, send or receive a message, search for someone or a page, click on, view or otherwise interact with things, use a SOUTHEAST CHRISTIAN CHURCH mobile app, or make other purchases through this site. When you post things like photos or videos on this site, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video. We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access this site, including when multiple users log in from the same device. This may include your IP address and other information about things like your internet service, location, the type (including identifiers) of browser you use, or the pages you visit. For example, we may get your GPS or other location information so we can tell you if any of your friends are nearby. We receive data whenever you use an application, or website that uses MEDICALMISSIONS.COM / SOUTHEAST CHRISTIAN CHURCH Platform , sometimes through cookies. This may include the date and time you visit the site; the web address, or URL, you're on; technical information about the IP address, browser and the operating system you use; and, if you are logged in to this site, your User ID. Sometimes we get data from our affiliates or our advertising partners, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) deliver ads, understand online activity, and generally make this site better. For example, an advertiser may tell us information about you (like how you responded to an ad on this site (or on another site) in order to measure the effectiveness of and improve the quality of ads.
We also put together data from the information we already have about you and your friends. For example, we may put together data about you to determine which resources, opportunities, and connections to suggest to you. We may put together your current city with GPS and other location information we have about you to, for example, tell you and your friends about local resources and opportunities. We may also put together data about you to serve you ads that might be more relevant to you.
When we get your GPS location, we put it together with other location information we have about you (like your current city). We only provide data to our advertising partners or customers after we have removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people's data in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
Information you choose to make public
Choosing to make your information public is exactly what it sounds like: anyone, including people off of this site, will be able to see it. By posting information to this site you are making it public unless given the opportunity to make it private or noted that the information is private.
Choosing to make your information public also means that this information can be associated with you (i.e., your name, profile pictures, organizations, tags, experiences, etc.) and can show up when someone does a search on this site or on a public search engine. Sometimes you will not be able to select an audience when you post something. This is because some types of stories are always public stories. As a general rule, you should assume the information you share will be publicly available. When others share information about you, they can also choose to make it public.
Information that is always publicly available
The types of information listed below are always publicly available, and are treated just like information you decided to make public.
- Name. This helps your friends and family find you. If you are uncomfortable sharing your real name, you can always delete your account.
- Profile Pictures. These help your friends and family recognize you. If you are uncomfortable making any of these photos public, you can always delete it. Unless you delete them, when you add a new profile picture, the previous photo will remain public in your profile picture.
- Groups. This helps you see whom you will be connecting with, working with, serving with, or suggested who you might connect with.
- Username and User ID. These allow you to give out a custom link to your timeline or Page, receive email and help make MEDICALMISSIONS.COM Platform possible.
Usernames and User IDs
A Username is a custom link to your timeline that you can give out to people or post on external websites. Usernames appear in the URL on your timeline. We also use your User ID to identify your MEDICALMISSIONS.COM account.
How we use the information we receive
We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends, our partners, and the developers, applications, and websites you use. For example, in addition to helping people see and find things that you do and share, we may use the information we receive about you:
- as part of our efforts to keep our products, services and integrations safe and secure;
- to protect our rights or others' rights or property;
- to provide you with location features and services, like telling you and your friends when something is going on nearby;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see, including to deliver relevant ads to you;
- to make suggestions to you and other users on this site, such as: suggesting organizations, opportunities, best practices, events, groups, etc.
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide this site as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways. While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don't share information we receive about you with others unless we have received your permission; given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it. Of course, for information others share about you, they control how it is shared. We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above.
Deleting and deactivating your account
If you want to stop using your account, you can either deactivate or delete it.
Deactivating your account puts your account on hold. Other users will no longer see your information, but we do not delete any of your information. Deactivating an account is the same as you telling us not to delete any information because you might want to reactivate your account at some point in the future. Your friends will still see you listed in their list of friends while your account is deactivated.
When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from this site. It typically takes about one month to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 90 days. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. Certain information is needed to provide you with services, so we only delete this information after you delete your account. Some of the things you do on this site aren't stored in your account.
Using Facebook Social Login/Logging into this site using Facebook
The Facebook Platform lets you log into other applications and websites using your Facebook account. When you log in using Facebook, Facebook gives this site your User ID (just like when you connect with any other application), but Facebook does not share your email address or password with us through this process without your permission.
If you already have an account on this site, we may also be able to connect that account with your Facebook account. Sometimes we do this using what is called an "email hash,” which is similar to searching for someone on this site using an email address. Only the email addresses in this case are hashed so no email addresses are actually shared between Facebook and this site.
How it works
This site sends over a hashed version of your email address, and Facebook matches it with a database of email addresses that Facebook has also hashed. If there is a match, then Facebook tells us the User ID associated with the email address. This way, when you log into this site using Facebook, this site can link your Facebook account to your account on this site.
About social plugins
Social plugins are buttons, boxes, friend’s lists, and stories (such as the Like button) that this site and other websites can use to present Facebook content to you and create more social and personal experiences for you. While you view these buttons, boxes, and stories on other sites, the content comes directly from Facebook. Sometimes plugins act just like applications. You can spot one of these plugins because it will ask you for permission to access your information or to publish information back to Facebook. For example, if you use a registration plugin on this site, the plugin will ask your permission to share your basic info with this site to make it easier for you to register for this site. Similarly, if you use an Add To Timeline plugin, the plugin will ask your permission to publish stories about your activities on this site to Facebook.
Cookies, Pixels, and Other System Technologies
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device. Pixels are small blocks of code on webpages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a webpage and often are used in connection with cookies. We use technologies like cookies, pixels, and local storage (like on your browser or device, which is similar to a cookie but holds more information) to provide and understand a range of products and services.
We use these technologies to do things like:
- make this site easier or faster to use;
- enable features and store information about you (including on your device or in your browser cache) and your use of this site;
- deliver, understand and improve advertising;
- monitor and understand the use of our products and services;
- to protect you, others and this site.
For example, we may use them to know you are logged in to this site, to help you use social plugins and share buttons, or to know when you are interacting with our advertising or Platform partners. We may ask advertisers or other partners to serve ads or services to computers, mobile phones or other.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
A. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (‘DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512 (c) (3) for further detail:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Southeast Christian Church’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications is Tim Lehmann, 920 Blankenbaker Parkway, Louisville, KY, 40243, email: email@example.com, fax: (502) 253-8075. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to Southeast Christian Church, 920 Blankenbaker Parkway, Louisville, KY 40243. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section A above, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
B. Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
Your physical or electronic signature;
Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the Content; and
Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Louisville, Kentucky, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Southeast Christian Church may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after the receipt of the counter-notice, at Southeast Christian Church’s sole discretion
Mobile and Other Devices.
We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States.
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with this site outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on this site (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website.
User Payment Terms.
- Pricing. Pay attention to the details of the transaction, because your total price may include taxes, fees, and shipping costs, all of which you are responsible for funding.
- Extra terms. You may be presented with additional terms related to a specific purchase before you confirm the transaction (such as shipping terms for tangible goods). Those additional terms will also govern that transaction.
- Subscriptions. If you purchase a subscription, we will bill your funding instrument immediately, and then again at the beginning of each subscription period. The following terms apply for subscriptions purchased through this site. Payments: 1. If a free trial period is offered and you do not cancel during the free trial period, you will be billed at the end of the free trial period and at the beginning of each subsequent subscription period. 2. You can cancel subscriptions at any time on your Account Settings page. 3. If you cancel a subscription you will still have access to the app or feature you subscribed to through the end of the subscription period. If an app or feature you subscribed to becomes unavailable during your subscription you will not be billed at the beginning of the next subscription period.
- Funding instruments. We want to make payments on this site convenient, so we allow you to fund your transactions using a number of different sources, like credit cards and debit cards, and other payment methods.
- Authority. When you provide a funding instrument to us, you confirm that you are permitted to use that funding instrument. When you fund a transaction, you authorize us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the funding instrument you designate for the transaction. You also authorize us to collect and store that funding instrument, along with other related transaction information.
- Authorization. If you pay by credit or debit card, we may obtain a pre-approval from the issuer of the card for an amount, which may be as high as the full price of your purchase. We will bill your card at the time you make a payment transaction, or shortly thereafter. If you cancel a transaction before completion, this pre-approval may result in those funds not otherwise being immediately available to you.
- Failed funding. If you fund a payment by debit card and your load transaction results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee.
Actions We May Take
- At-will use. We may revoke your eligibility to make payments on this site at any time at our sole discretion.
- Payment limitations. In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may place a delay on a payment for a period of time, or limit funding instruments for a transaction, or limit your ability to make a purchase, or deactivate your account.
- Sharing of information. In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may contact your funding instrument issuer, law enforcement, or affected third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with, if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
- Abandoned Property. If you leave a balance unused for the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other governing body in its unclaimed property laws, or if you delete your account and leave a balance, or if we deactivate your account and you do not meet any conditions necessary to reinstate it within six (6) months, we may process your balance in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting funds associated with your Balance to the appropriate governing body as required by law.
Disputes and Reversals
- No liability for spend transaction. If you enter into a transaction with a third party and have a dispute over the goods or services you purchased, we have no liability for the goods or services underlying the transaction. Our only responsibility is to handle your funding transaction. All funding transactions are final unless required by law. If you order something that becomes unavailable before it can be provided to you, you may request a refund of your funded amount.
- Duty to notify us. If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss. Unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge, you will have waived, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all claims against us arising out of or otherwise related to the transaction.
- Intervention. We may intervene in disputes concerning payments that may arise between you and a developer, but we have no obligation to do so.
- Technical difficulties. If you experience a technical failure or interruption of service that causes your funding transaction to fail, you may request that your transaction be completed at a later time.
Notices and Amendments to These Payment Terms.
By making payments through this site or to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically any important information regarding your purchases or your account. We may also provide notices to you by posting them on our site, or by sending them to an email address or street address that you previously provided to us. Website and email notices shall be considered received by you within 24 hours of the time posted or sent. Notices by postal mail shall be considered received within three (3) business days of the time sent. Except as otherwise stated, you must send notices to us relating to payments at Southeast Christian Church, 920 Blankenbaker Parkway, Louisville, Kentucky, 40243, ATTN: Accounting. We may update these payments terms at any time without notice as we deem necessary to the full extent permitted by law. The payments terms in place at the time you confirm a transaction will govern that transaction.
Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Liability
This site is provided to you on an "as is" basis. Southeast Christian Church makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or to the information contained therein. This includes, but is not limited to, the text, graphics, audio, icons, buttons, images, and products contained on this site. Southeast Christian Church fully disclaims, to the full extent permissible under applicable law, all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Southeast Christian Church, nor any other person or entity involved in creating, producing or delivering this site, shall not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages. This limitation of liability applies without limitation to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. Southeast Christian Church also assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in this site, or of your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this site. Southeast Christian Church assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of this site, as well as any off site pages or additional sites linked to this site, for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained therein. Southeast Christian Church will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the disclosure of the identity of any person positing any such information or materials.
Accuracy of Web Sites Including Future Revisions
Southeast Christian Church uses reasonable efforts to include accurate, up-to-date information on this site. Southeast Christian Church makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Southeast Christian Church assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. Southeast Christian Church neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials on this site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Southeast Christian Church.
As a courtesy to you, this site offers links to other websites. Some of these sites may be affiliated with Southeast Christian Church, while others are not. Southeast Christian Church has not reviewed all of the sites nor the entirety of any single site linked to and from this site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages. Visiting any off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
DO NOT SEND ANY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION TO THIS SITE. Any communication or material that you transmit to this site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Furthermore, you agree that such information is non-confidential and non-proprietary. Therefore, anything that you transmit or post to this site may be used by Southeast Christian Church or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, Southeast Christian Church is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to this site for any purpose whatsoever.
Dealing with Advertisers or Other Third Parties
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions or contests of, advertisers or other third parties (which are entities other than Southeast Christian Church) found on or through this site, including payment and delivery of related goods and services together with any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and that advertiser or third party. You agree that Southeast Christian Church shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or third parties on this site.
You understand that you are the sole person that is responsible for any and all information that you post, upload, email or transmit to or from this site, including, but not limited to, all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, audio, messages, or other material. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane materials or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. You are prohibited from collecting or storing personal information about other users and from stalking or harassing another. Furthermore, you are prohibited from engaging in any conduct that is harmful to minors in any way.
Applicable Law & General Information
Southeast Christian Church Release / Global Missions Health Conference
I hereby fully and forever release and waive and agree not to bring or cause to be brought any and all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action of every possible kind and nature whatsoever I might assert, including, without limitation, claims for personal injury, wrongful death, or property damage, whether or not absolute, known or unknown, or otherwise against the Church or any of its elders, officers, employees, representatives, agents and volunteers (collectively referred to herein as the "Releasees") by reason of, arising out of or relating to my participation in the Activity (GMHC). I release the Releasees and waive all such claims against the Releasees for any injuries or damages caused in any manner whatsoever whether or not any such liability is attributable to the absence of ordinary or even slight care by the Releasees arising out of the Activity.
I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Releasees harmless from any kind of compensatory or punitive damages sought to be recovered from the Releasees and all losses sustained by the Releasees independent of claims asserted by others, including, without limitation, general damages, property damages, special, incidental and consequential damages, losses or expenses suffered or paid, directly or indirectly, as a result of any and all claims, causes of action, suits, proceedings, demands, judgments, assessments, and liabilities, including reasonable attorneys' fees incurred in litigation or otherwise, assessed, incurred or sustained by or against the Releasees by reason of, arising out of or relating to my participation in the Activity.
I give the Church, and any person acting under its authority permission to publish, distribute, broadcast, televise, promote, license, sell and copyright for all purposes, any photograph, videotape, motion picture or sound recording produced directly by the Church or under its sponsorship, which may include my image or likeness and/or my voice. I also authorize the Church to reproduce, amplify, simulate, filter or otherwise distort my voice and all instrumental musical and other sound effects produced by me. In addition, I authorize the use of any printed material in connection therewith. I release all claims against the Church with respect to copyright ownership, publication and right to privacy. I agree that I shall not receive any fee and that all rights, title, and interest to the above materials and use of them belong to the Church. I understand and agree that these materials may be duplicated or distributed with or without charge, and/or altered in any form or manner without future/further compensation or liability, in perpetuity.
I further agree that I have read and understand this Agreement; the execution of this Agreement is continuing in nature; it is my knowing and voluntary act; this Agreement is binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and legal representatives; I am under no duress or undue influence to execute this Agreement; I represent that the information provided in my application to participate in the Activity is true, complete and correct in all respects; it is my intention with this Agreement to make a complete, general, and unconditional release of any and all claims whatsoever against the Releasees as set forth above.
This Agreement shall be effective from the date signed (profile created / terms and conditions agreed to) until the date of the receipt of a written declaration signed by the undersigned, that this Agreement shall no longer be effective with regard to any act or event from and after the date of the receipt via U.S. Mail of the written declaration addressed to Southeast Christian Church of Jefferson County, Kentucky, Inc., 920 Blankenbaker Parkway, Louisville, KY 40243-1845, attention: General Counsel.
Speakers irrevocably grant Southeast Christian Church of Jefferson County, Kentucky, Inc. (“SCC”) permission to record, in audio and/or video form, and to prepare a written transcript of, my presentation, at “GMHC” Conference at Southeast Christian Church, located at Louisville, Kentucky.
I further understand and agree:
- That GMHC and/or SCC may in its discretion duplicate and/or edit the recorded Presentation and transcript; and
- I hereby grant GMHC and/or SCC the non-exclusive right to make, sell or otherwise distribute copies of the recording or edited content in mp3, mp4, CD, DVD, or other appropriate electronic format, and in written form, and to use my name and likeness in connection with such copies. This includes the sharing of content through MedicalMissions.com.
- The Presentation may be included in the same manner as materials presented by other GMHC presenters and SCC staff ministers for podcast, viewing and /or downloading worldwide, via GMHC's internet website (MedicalMissions.com) or SCC’s internet website.
- Neither GMHC nor SCC nor any other organization or party shall have any obligation to pay royalties or other compensation to me in connection with recording, duplication, display, showing, broadcasting (internet or otherwise), sale, distribution, sublicensing, or any other use of the recording as set forth in this Permission.
- GMHC and/or SCC shall be permitted to display/show the recording or parts thereof at any of GMHC's conference or instructional events or promotions and at any SCC worship services, group, class, event or promotion.