Basic management of fractures and casting/splinting techniques are important skills for any healthcare worker in any setting. This practical hands-on workshop will allow participants to learn and practice skills necessary for closed reduction and splinting/casting of upper and lower extremity fractures/injuries.
(1) After the workshop, the participant will understand the basic principles of closed reduction of fractures including:
- both-bone forearm fractures
- distal radius fractures
- ankle fractures
(2) After the workshop, the participant will know the indications and how to apply the following:
- upper extremity coaptation splint
- upper-extremity sugar-tong splint
- lower extremity Robert-Jones splint
- above elbow cast
- below knee cast.