Broken Arrow, OK
Published: 2022-11-04 15:34:42Z
Blessings International is a Christian 501(c)(3) nonprofit ministry that provides medicine, medical supplies, and other products to short-term medical mission teams serving the indigent in the United States and developing nations, full-time clinics, and hospitals in developing nations, disaster relief, and other medical missionary needs, as well as Blessings’ own benevolent projects.
The Pharmacy Buyer serves an important role in the overall operation of the ministry. The following is the minimum personnel requirements and expectations of job performances.
- Membership in good standing of a Christian church. Consistently participates in worship services, participates in the Christian life, and witness of the church and lives a Christian lifestyle.
- Christian overseas missionary experience with some business and/or medical components is preferred.
- Relates well to Board members, employees, customers, and vendors, as well as individuals from various Christian denominations with whom the organization interacts.
- High School/GED or equivalent, Associate degree preferred.
3. Business experience
- At least three (3) years of experience in procurement or pharmacy tech work.
- Training and experience in computer usage including, but not limited to, word processing and email services.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
4. Reporting Relationships
- The Pharmacy Buyer reports to the CEO.
5. Pharmacy Buyer Competencies
- Routinely reviews inventory levels.
- Optimizes inventory and sets appropriate par levels.
- Placement of orders for all needed products.
- Secure the best pricing for all pharmaceutical purchases.
- Initiate and manage purchase orders.
- Reviews requests for special order items communicating availability and cost within the same day and no later than one (1) business day of request. Places orders of approved requested special order items.
- Creation of new product part codes in information management system.
- Setup of new accounts with pharmaceutical wholesalers.
- Setup of new accounts with pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Reviews budgeted expense for products and identifies variance issues.
- Responds to internal requests within the same day and no later than one (1) business day of request.
- Monitors and communicates back-orders in a timely manner and assists with sourcing alternate products if necessary.
- Reviews inventory for short-dated items and expired items.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Works collaboratively with other team members to ensure customer needs are met.
- Participate in annual physical inventory.
- Prepares, submits, and follows up with paperwork for the following:
- Wholesale Distributor initial application or renewals with State Board of Pharmacy or appropriate regulatory body (may require preparation of supplemental information).
- Charitable solicitation initial applications or license or registration renewals with state regulatory agencies.
- Secretary of State license or registration renewals.
- Any other required regulatory filings not specifically noted above.
- Monitors proposed, adopted, and amended rules and regulations.
- Researches projects or initiatives and advises business partners of regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Investigates, resolves, and documents licensing and compliance issues.
- In collaboration with the CEO, creates a plan of corrective action for any type of vulnerability or risk within the compliance program.
6. Other Duties and Tasks
- Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of Blessings International not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission and access to, or treatment or employment in its program or activities, as required by section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the American with disabilities Act, as amended (to the extent applicable to Blessings International), Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, as amended, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, and their implementing regulations.
As a religious institution, Blessings International is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.