Medical Response Program Manager, Syria
Published: 2021-02-03 06:00:00Z
We are hiring a Medical Response Program Manager in Syria! As the Medical Response Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing the implementation and design of medical projects on behalf of Samaritan’s Purse in Syria. This includes being the primary point of contact for medical programs’ partners on the ground as well as donors, and you will advise leadership and staff on accepted local practices and rules. In this position you will coordinate procurement and delivery of medical supplies with the logistics team in-country and will advise on contract negotiations. You will also oversee expat and national staff as appropriate.
Be the hands and feet of Jesus! Allow God to utilize your talents for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This role is an unaccompanied position. Regular travel with a team into high risk, hazardous areas.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Implement and maintain the health program at the field office level.
- Direct and manage medical program objectives, treatments, activities and reporting to ensure adherence to timelines and compliance with policies, practices, and procedures.
- Supervise expat and national staff to meet program objectives and high quality health care programming.
- Manage and oversee the budget as well as purchasing of medicines and supplies.
- Create proposals and budgets for new projects and extension of projects in the health sector.
- Responsible for the establishment of reporting procedures and formats, and preparation of reports for management and donors.
- Attend medical, health, and nutrition sector meetings with the purpose of networking and gaining crucial information on the work of other agencies.
- Pursue contacts with local government officials and with NGO and UN representatives as needed. Ensuring plans and proposals address critical needs and meet donor criteria for provision of funding.
We need you to bring:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Clinical Medical or a related field of study.
- 2-3+ years related experience in a clinical setting and managing medical programs as a practitioner. Public health background in a clinic or hospital (preferred). No active license needed.
- Proven ability to coordinate program staff, develop budgets, proposal writing, program development, complete reporting and monitor/evaluate methodologies within health sector.
- Strong relational, planning, organizational, finance management and supervisory skills. Proven ability to work creatively and independently in the field.
- Be a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure. Regular travel with a team into high risk, hazardous areas. Flexible and adaptable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and have strong reasoning abilities.
- Strong English language writing skills, and demonstrated ability to produce quality reports and proposal inputs on short deadlines.
- Language: Fluency in English (required); Arabic preferred.
- Experience living and working in the Middle East (preferred), Syria a bonus.
What you receive:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!