Medical Programs Coordinator
Published: 2020-05-19 18:49:26Z
Free Wheelchair Mission (FWM) is a humanitarian, faith-based, non-profit organization based in Irvine, California, USA. Our mission is to “Transform lives through the gift of mobility to people with disabilities living in developing nations as motivated by Jesus Christ.”
The Medical Programs Coordinator (MPC) will work closely with the Programs Director and Medical Programs Manager. S/He will communicate directly with our international distribution partners, Operations Specialist, and Partner Management Team. Approximately 10-20% of the MPC’s time will be spent traveling internationally. The focus of this position will be split between our medical/surgical supplies gift-in-kind program [Mobility Beyond Wheelchairs Program] and activities in the wheelchair program. Due to COVID 19 stay-at-home orders, this role will potentially require working remotely at the beginning. Please note, once the stay-at-home orders have been lifted, or at the appropriate phase of reopening Orange County, California, this role will not remain remote.
- Procure medical supplies for distribution to FWM’s international distribution partners.
- Manage project requests relating to FWM’s international distribution partners.
- Audit suppliers and partners of the FWM Mobility Beyond Wheelchairs Program.
- Assist with the scheduling, logistics, and delivery of FWM’s in-person and remote training on the appropriate provision of wheelchairs.
- Train non-English speaking distribution partners on appropriate wheelchair provision as needed.
- Audit FWM international wheelchair partners as needed.
- Monitor and manage translations of all Programs materials.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of program reports, records & procedures.
- Act as one of the Program Team’s lead database administrators.
- Participate in offsite staff development and fundraising events.
- Other duties and tasks assigned by direct supervisor.
- Occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Share the message of Free Wheelchair Mission and our vision.
- Bachelor's Degree - preferably in kinesiology, health science, public health, nursting or related field.
- 2-3 years administrative, program, or project-based work experience.
- Must have previous experience volunteering or working internationally.
Knowledge and Critical Skills:
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access and Excel are a must; experience with Smartsheet and Salesforce database a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills a must. Bilingual Spanish, Vietnamese, French, and/or Mandarin Chinese a plus.
- Wheelchair Service Provider (WSP) Certification from ISWP or Assistive Technology Practitioner (ATP) certification from RESNA a plus.
- Passion for the Mission and Vision of Free Wheelchair Mission.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups as well as organizing and leading large group discussions.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills are needed as is the ability to work as part of a team, interact diplomatically to build relationships with diverse partners, agents, and groups-both stateside and internationally.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume addressing your experience in regard to the responsibilities and qualifications listed above to email@example.com with “Medical Programs Coordinator” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Free Wheelchair Mission is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. This position is employed “at will” by Free Wheelchair Mission.